Monday, July 29, 2013

The Sole Survivor

July 29th, 2013

"It's nice you found the record player but we have no records!" My wife pointed out. My wife was happy I found the record player, and that it filled a gap in the entertainment center that had been bothering her for months. She too had some records fond to her from her past and was a little excited about the possibilities. 

"On the contrary!" I said "there is one record". Inside the record player was one last record part of a 1940's anthology I loved listening to, which the remainder of my father gave away to charity several years before. 

 



I still didn't have the RCA cable adapters, but I put the record on and called her over. We could here faintly Praise The Lord and Pass the Ammunition playing. 

"God", she said "I use to have a Beach Boys set I listened to like crazy when I was a kid. I wonder if my father still had it?". I could tell she was begging to get hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment