Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Rainy Weekend Record Finds

A rained out weekend brings new records to the collection

The Weekend of September 7th, 2013

Saturday was a mess so I found myself heading out that Sunday. The only issue was that it was raining on and off all day. My original goal was to hit a local grocery store, but one of the thrift shops was nearby so I just had to drop in. Considering I had only been in there a week or so before not much was new. I did however spot the Juliette audio system mentioned in a previous blog

 

I did pick up a Steve Lawrence record I had passed on previously. I'm not a huge fan but the album had some decent songs of his. I my opinion Lawrence isn't half the singer his wife Eddy Gourmet is, but he's also not bad. 




Monday September 9th:

Today I'm out of my comfort zone shopping for records on a Monday. But I guess that put me in a mood that made me think outside the box on what I bought too. Cause today I would add my first comedy and classical albums to my collection. 






Bill Cosby is a Very Funny Fellow is a nice album I have heard bits off of before. It had Cosby's famous Noah bits on it, and a few of his other early comedy acts. When I put this album on it blew my sons mind. I don't think he knew comedy albums even existed let alone on vinyl a medium still be to him. To say the least he loved it and it was nice to get a few laughs in without having to worry about covering his ears. To say the least I'm going to see what else is out there comedy wise on vinyl because its a nice change. 

Also new to me and my collection is classical. OK, I knew if your a collector who hits the thrift stores like me your no stranger to classical, also for the most part you never find any of the more well known classical artist anyway, or any Opera either at least I never have. But I found two nice albums and for $0.68 I though what the heck. 

I really like this one it's Tchaikovsky on one side and Schubert on the other. 

 

I call it the dinner album because it makes great background music. Real nice find.

Finally, the last find is Strauss. I always wanted a Strauss album but just was never will to pay full price on CD or iTunes or what have you. It's a great mix of Strauss works, but by no means a complete collection. Either way it's a nice add. 



No comments:

Post a Comment