Friday, September 20, 2013

Record Regrets




If you have read any of my previous postings you will know that I originally thought about collecting vinyl when I was a senior on high school. Sadly I let years of collecting vinyl pass me by, but I still collected some great music.

One of my favorite albums from my youth is Garbage's first album from all the way back in 95'. I didn't actually get the CD until late 1996 though. I listened to this album whenever I could, and by late 97' I was eagerly awaiting their second album, and begging to look into a possible release date. It was at this time that I was first exposed to something called Amazon.com. Back the Amazon was still fairly primitive, and they also did auctions too. But typing Garbage in I became aware if special CD singles, remixes of current songs, and the first album on LP. 

As I spotted it I was stunned. My classmate was right new music was being put out on vinyl. Here was my chance to get into vinyl. But for $20, I didn't know, after all I had the album on CD so why bother. I logged off of Amazon and thought about it, no wish lists on Amazon back then so I would have to specifically look it up when I came back later. I got up and went to work the next day, and maybe class too, but I just remember being at work and at one point saying to myself "when I get home I'm going to buy it!". 

I remember finally getting home and sitting down and front of the computer going on to Amazon, and well changing my mind and not buying it. I though about it a few more times after that but just let it go after time.  

Flash forward to last week. I look the album up on Amazon and its $139, plus I can't even find the first album on eBay. All I can say is damn! I could have gotten it for $20, back in the day. Oh well! Guess that's a record regret!

No comments:

Post a Comment